Thursday, January 10, 2013

1/17/2012 letters from the MTC Provo


Hola Familia, y compadres.
 
Como estan?
 
So the mission is amazing. I love it so much here. It is not easy but i LOVE it. I dont sleep much at night and they dont allow naps,, like at all. But i just wake up every morning and pray that God will give me the energy that i need. And he does. Did yall get my letter? I got called as district leader which just pretty much means that i get even less time. I am seriously typing as fast as i possible can and i still dont feel like i will get enough in. The food is great here, except i have to learn how to eat as fast as I possibly can, cause its always a time crunch here. They mean business. We had to teach a lesson in spanish our second full day here, which was fun. My companion speaks like no spanish whatsoever. He is pretty cool, I love him to death. He has some annoying tendencies but i look past them. The spirit is so strong here!!! I cant even explain, i feel like i am on another planet. It kinda feels like being superman. I have obeyed every rule, and plan on doing so for the rest of my life. I am not gonna lie though, i am tired all the time. But i just put on a smile. I have to because i am the example to my district. BTW i heard Elliot got his call to Ireland. How awesome is that!!! Give him a fat congrats for me. When does he report? maybe i can see him while i am here. I leave march 12 for argentina. My district is the best district ever. We were challenged by the president to do 5 things by sunday and we had it done saturday. And it wasnt easy because we had no time whatsoever. but we did it. I had one elder with previous worthiness problems and no desire to be here, but he gets to stay so far and he wants to be here now. Its good, because i love him soo much. I love everyone in my district. My favorite part is basketball. We get to play 5 times a week, and i am pretty dang good. Everyone asks me if i played high school, but i guess being endowed with power carries onto the court. My spanish is coming great. Not boasting, but i am the best in the district. It helps that i had a 5 month head start. But i am learning so much every day. I can say the entire baptism prayer in spanish, and say my normal prayers in spanish. We try to talk as a district as much as we can in spanish. Its a little frustrating but it works. The language program they have here is amazing!!! This place is truly an inspired campus. I love it!!!! did i mention that already? well its cause i do... I dont know how my health is, i am running off the spirit of god, so i could be dead right now and i would know it :) I have recieved one suit from mr. macs and i think i will get the next one soon. He mentioned how he would send it in two packages, so we will see. If yall could send me a care package of snacks that would be awesome. Anything without chocolate would be awesome. ANd not too much candy, cause i am eating healthy. It is super dry here by the way, i have used a bunch of my bag balm (saav), and its helped tremendously. Its hard to stay mentally focused all the time cause i get so ADD but i am doing my best. What has surprised me the most? well how about the entire place. It is nothing like i imagined. and the strength we receive here is awesome. A little more worldly thing is the amount of pretty girls i see here. I know the mtc puts like a 4 point buffer on girls after a while, but seriously some of these sisters should have been married a long time ago. But i dont interact with them, cause i am focused. Someone said, If you look once your a man, if you look twice your not a missionary... I try to apply that as hard as it is. But ya, how are you guys doing? How is life? Is everyone healthy? I havent figured out how to send pictures yet, but yall should send me some. Cause my half of the room looks like a prison in comparison with everyone elses... Send me lots of letters, cause its nice to feel popular, and its a little bit of a break. Dear elder.com is super cool, so ya yall should do that. I love you guys so much, i do miss you but i am too busy to think about it:) I hope yall are doing well. --
Lots of Love,

Elder Peterson
 
p.s. keep my facebook updated and copy this letter so my friends can read it,
 
p.s.s friends send my letters so i can have your addresses :)





































































No comments:

Post a Comment